every one a winner
every one a dinner
Apple and Blackberry Crumble
To serve 6 – 8
Preparation time – 15-20 minutes
Cooking Time – 30 – 40 minutes
A supreme classic crumble – only made better with really good custard.
Nutritional count per batch
Energy 470kcal/1974kj: Protein 5.1g; Carbohydrate 78.2g of which sugars 60.3g; Fat 17.2g of which saturates 10g; Cholesterol 41mg; Calcium 71mg; Fibre 7g; Sodium 128mg.
900 g/ 2 lb cooking apples 450 g/ 1 lb blackberries Squeeze of lemon juice (optional) 175 g/ 6 oz granulated sugar For the topping: 115 g/ 4 oz butter 115 g/ 4 oz wholemeal flour 50 g/ 2 oz fine or medium pinhead oatmeal 50 g/ 2 oz soft light brown sugar 1 little grated lemon rind (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200’C/180’C Fan/ 400’F/ Gas 6.
- To make the crumble topping, rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles rough breadcrumbs.
- Add the oatmeal and brown sugar to the bowl and continue to rub in until the mixture begins to stick together, forming larger crumbs.
- Using a fork, mix in the grated lemon rind, if using.
- Peel, core and slice the apples into wedges.
- Put the apples, blackberries, lemon juice (if using), 30 ml/ 2 tbsp water and the sugar into a shallow ovenproof dish, about 2 litres/ 3 ½ pint capacity.
- Cover the fruit with the topping. Sprinkle with a little cold water.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 190’C/ 170’C Fan/ 375’F/ Gas 5 and cook for another 15-20 minutes until crunchy and brown on top.
- Serve hot.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).