every one a winner
every one a dinner
Arabian-style Beef with Flat Bread
– Serves 4
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 25 minutes
An easy Eastern-style help-yourself meal for an informal dinner party
Nutritional value per serving:
Protein 38 g; Fat 43 g of which saturates 13 g; Carbohydrate 41 g of which sugars 10 g; Energy 690 kcal.
100 g/ 3 ½ oz pine kernels 1 tbsp olive oil 1 large onion, chopped 500 g/ 1lb 2 oz lean minced lamb or beef 1tbsp ground cumin 1 tsp ground allspice 200 g/ 7 oz tinned chopped tomatoes 1 bunch of coriander, chopped To Serve: 1 cucumber, chopped into fine dice, served in small bowl ½ crisp lettuce, such as iceberg, shredded, served in small bowl 200 ml/ 7 fl oz soured cream, served in small bowl 8 soft tortillas or pitta breads
- Preheat the oven to warm the bread.
- Dry-fry* the pine kernels in a large frying pan, shaking and stirring the kernels constantly until lightly browned. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to the pan and heat slowly and fry the onion over a moderate heat for 3 minutes or until it has softened. Add the meat and fry it until brown, stirring to break up any lumps.
- Stir in the cumin, allspice, tomatoes and their juice and simmer for 10 – 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Put the bread into the oven to warm.
- When the meat is cooked, stir in the coriander and pine kernels, heat through for a minute or two, then transfer to a serving bowl.
- Put the bread into a napkin lined serving basket to keep hot.
- At the table, each diner takes a tortilla, places a spoon
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).