every one a winner
every one a dinner
Baked Apples with Toffee Sauce
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
A firm favourite with kids of all ages!
4 eating apples, cored 2 tbsp butter, softened 1 tsp ground cinnamon 1 orange, grated zest and juice For the Sauce: 1 vanilla pod, split 250 ml/ 9 fl oz double cream 80 g/ 2 ½ oz butter 80 g/ 2 ½ oz dark brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200’C/180’C Fan/400’F/Gas 7
- Score a line around the centre of each apple to help prevent bursting.
- Mix together the butter, cinnamon and orange zest and squeeze in the juice of half of the orange. Push some of the butter mixture into the centre of each apple.
- Place in a roasting tin, pour a little water into the bottom and dot with any remaining butter mixture. Cover with aluminium foil and bake for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile heat the sauce ingredients in a pan, stirring until smooth and thickened.
- Pour over the baked apples and serve, preferably with vanilla custard.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).