every one a winner
every one a dinner
Baked Aubergines with Gruyére
To serve – 4
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 30 minutes
A wonderful rich supper dish – just serve with a green salad, and crusty bread to mop up the delicious juices.
Nutritional Value per serving:
Energy 242kcal; Fat 18g
2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing and brushing 2 aubergines 450 g/ 1 lb tomatoes, chopped 1 tbsp dried oregano 3 cloves garlic, chopped Salt & freshly ground black pepper 2 tbsp tomato purée 126 g/ 4 oz Gruyére cheese, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200’C/180’C Fan/400’F/Gas 6.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet. Slice the aubergines down the middle lengthways.
- Use a knife and spoon to gouge out the flesh, taking care not to pierce the skin.
- Chop the flesh into chunks.
- Place the aubergine flesh in a saucepan with the tomatoes, oregano, garlic, oil and seasoning.
- Cook gently, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomato purée and cook for 5 minutes or until the mixture has thickened and reduced.
- Meanwhile, place the aubergine halves on the baking sheet, brush the insides with oil and cook in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, until almost tender.
- Fill the aubergines with the tomato mixture, cover with the Gruyére and return to the oven.
- Cook for a further 10 minutes or until the cheese has browned.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).