every one a winner
every one a dinner
Baked Cod Plaki
Serves 4 – 6
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
A version of the classic fish dish served all over Greece. Try serving with crusty bread and a crisp green salad.
Nutritional count per serving, when serving 4:
Energy 256 kcal; Carbohydrate 11 g, of which sugars 10 g; Fat 8 g of which saturated fat 1 g; Protein 35 g;
2 tbsps olive oil 1 medium onion, sliced thinly 1 green pepper, deseeded and cut into thin strips 6 plum tomatoes, sliced 1 clove garlic, crushed 750 g/ 1 lb 10 oz skinless cod fillet, cut into 2 in cubes 1 ½ unwaxed lemons Handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped 3 tbsps dry white wine 3 tbsps tomato purée Salt and freshly grated black pepper
- Slowly heat the olive oil in a large flameproof casserole and add the onion, pepper, tomatoes and garlic. Cover and cook over a high heat for 6 – 8 minutes, shaking the casserole occasionally so that the vegetables do not stick.
- Sprinkle the cod cubes with the juice from the half lemon.
- Stir the wine and tomato purée into the vegetables.
- Finely slice the whole lemon and arrange in a single layer on top.
- Put the fish on top of the lemon slices, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
- Reduce the heat to moderate, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, uncover for the last 5 minutes if the sauce seems too liquid. The fish is cooked when the flesh turns opaque and flakes easily.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).