every one a winner
every one a dinner
Balti Mushrooms in a Garlic Sauce
To serve – 4
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 5 minutes
Great served on a bed of rice or granary toast for a quick lunch.
Nutritional count per serving
Energy 152kcal/613kj; Protein 5.4g; Carbohydrate 3.1g of which sugars 2.8g; Fat 13.3g of which saturates 4.4g; Cholesterol 5mg; Calcium 90mg; Fibre 1.5g; Sodium 28mg
350g/12 oz button mushrooms 45ml/3 tbsp light olive oil 1 bay leaf 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped 2 green chillies, seeded and chopped 225g/8 oz fromage frais 15 ml/1 tbsp chopped fresh mint 15 ml/1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander 5 ml/1 tsp salt Fresh mint leaves, torn Fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Unless they are very small, cut the mushrooms in half. Set them aside while you cook the garlic and chillies.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick wok or Balti pan, then add the bay leaf, garlic and chillies and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms. Stir fry for about 2 minutes, or longer if you prefer them well cooked and browned.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the fromage frais followed by the mint and coriander and salt.
- Stir for 2 minutes over a medium heat then transfer to a warmed serving dish, garnishing with the mint and coriander leaves and serve at once.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).