every one a winner
every one a dinner
Beef and Bean Chilli
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 25 minutes
Served with just a simple green salad, this hearty bowl of tingling-hot chilli is a mid-week must.
Nutritional value per serving:
Protein 39 g; Fat 22 g of which saturates 8 g; Carbohydrate 53 g of which sugars 12 g; Energy 575 kcal.
500 g/ 1lb 2oz lean minced beef 1 small red pepper, deseeded and chopped 1 small, fresh red chilli, deseeded and chopped 1 medium onion, chopped 2 tbsps sunflower oil 1 tbsp paprika 1 tbsp ground cumin 3 cloves garlic, crushed 400 g/ 14oz tinned chopped tomatoes 2 tsps tomato purée 1 tsp dried oregano 125 ml/ 4 fl oz red wine or beef stock Salt ½ tsp sugar 2 spring onions, chopped 400 g/ 14oz tinned kidney beans, drained and rinsed 8 soft flour tortillas 4 tbsp soured cream
- Heat the sunflower oil in a large, flameproof casserole and fry the pepper, onion, beef, paprika and cumin over a moderate heat. Stir constantly, until the meat browns.
- Add the garlic, chilli, tinned tomatoes, tomato purée, oregano, wine or stock, salt and sugar. Bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to high to warm the tortillas.
- Add the kidney beans to the casserole and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Heat the tortillas under the grill.
- Transfer the chilli to four serving dishes, then add a tbsp of soured cream to each, sprinkle over the spring onions and serve with the tortillas.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).