every one a winner
every one a dinner
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
A Kashmiri stir-fry curry which is traditionally served with naan bread. Try scattering a little flaked coconut on top for serving.
Nutritional value per serving:
Protein 43 g; Fat 46 g of which saturates 12 g; Carbohydrate 90 g of which sugars 16 g; Energy 923 kcal.
2 tbsps sunflower oil 1 medium onion, thinly sliced 500 g/ 1 lb 2 oz frying steak, trimmed and sliced into very thin strips 1 clove garlic, crushed 4 cm/1 ½ in piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and grated 1 small fresh red chilli, deseeded and chopped 1 green pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced 3 medium tomatoes, roughly chopped Juice of ½ lemon 1 tbsp garam masala 1 tsp ground cumin Salt 4 naan breads
- Preheat the oven to low to keep beef warm later.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large balti pan, wok or frying pan, add the onions and fry over a high heat for 3 – 4 minutes stirring occasionally until soft and lightly browned.
- Add the beef strips, crushed garlic and grated ginger. Cook over a fairly high heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until the beef is lightly coloured. Remove from heat and keep warm in the oven./li>
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan, add the peppers and fry for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are softened and lightly browned.
- Preheat the grill to a high setting.
- Stir the garam masala and cumin into the frying pan and cook, stirring continuously, for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, lemon juice and some salt, simmer, stirring, for about 3 – 4 minutes. If the mixture seems a little dry, add a little water.
- Sprinkle the breads with water and grill for 1 minute each side. Return the beef to the pan and heat through.
- Serve with the bread. /ol>
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).