every one a winner
every one a dinner
Preparation time – 30 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
A Mexican version of the Cornish pasty. Try serving with a green salad and an avocado salsa.
1 x 500 g/ 1 lb ready-made puff pastry 1 egg, beaten For the filling: 1 tbsp olive oil 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped 1 clove garlic, finely chopped 500 g/1 lb minced beef 1 x 400g tin kidney beans, washed and drained ½ tsp Cayenne pepper 1 tsp ground cumin Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200’C/180’C Fan/400’F/Gas 6
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the onion and garlic over a medium heat until translucent. Add the beef, increase the heat and cook until browned. Add the beans, spices and seasoning and cook for 5 – 10 minutes until cooked through.
- Roll the pastry out onto a lightly floured surface to about 1 cm thickness and cut out eight circles about 10 cm wide.
- Spread a small spoonful of the beef mixture into the centre of each circle, leaving a 1 cm border around the edge. Brush the edges with a little beaten egg and fold the pastry over to enclose the filling.
- Using a fork, crimp the edges of the pastry together to seal the filling in and brush the parcels with beaten egg.
- Bake in the oven on a greased baking sheet for about 10 minutes, then lower the oven temperature to 180’C/160’C Fan/350’F/Gas 4 and cook for another 10 minutes.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).