every one a winner
every one a dinner
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 15 minutes then 2 hours in the oven
So-called because of their shape, these beef rolls contain a delicious filling made with bacon, mushrooms and parsley.
Nutritional Value per serving-
Calories 519 kcal/2461 kj; Protein 68.5 g; Carbohydrate 7.1 g of which sugars 0.7 g; Fat 32 g of which saturates 11.9 g; Salt 204 mg
25g/ 1oz butter 2 rashers bacon, finely chopped 115g/ 4 oz mushrooms, chopped 15ml/1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley Grated rind and juice of 1 lemon 115g/ 4 oz fresh white breadcrumbs 675 g/ 1 ½ lb topside of beef, cut into 8 thin slices 40 g/ 1 ½ oz plain flour 45ml/ 3 tbsp vegetable oil 2 inions, sliced 450ml/ ¾ pint brown beef stock Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 160’C/140’C Fan/325’F/ Gas 3. Melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat. Add the bacon and mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes. Mix them with the chopped parsley, lemon rind and juice and breadcrumbs in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread an equal quantity of the breadcrumb mixture evenly over the beef slices, leaving a narrow border clear around the edges. Roll up the slices and tie securely with fine string, then dip the beef rolls in the flour to coat lightly, shaking off any surplus flour.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the beef rolls and cook, turning frequently for 3- 4 minutes until evenly browned all over. Remove the rolls from the pan and keep warm. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes, until browned. Stir in the remaining flour until lightly browned. Pour in the stock, stirring constantly, bring to the boil, stirring and simmer for 2- 3 minutes.
- Transfer the rolls to a casserole, pour over the sauce, then cover with a tight fitting lid and cook in the oven for 2 hours.
- Lift out the “olives” using a slotted spoon and remove the string. Return them to the sauce and serve hot.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).