every one a winner
every one a dinner
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 25 – 45 minutes
Serves 4 – 6
A truly great dinner party dish served with plenty of good beef gravy.
Nutritional Value per serving-
Calories 511kcal/2131kj; Protein 41.7g; Carbohydrate 19.3g of which sugars 1.2g; Fat 30.6g of which saturates 7.2g; Salt 320mg
1.4kg/3 lb fillet of beef 15g/ ½ oz butter 30ml/2 tbsp vegetable oil ½ small onion, finely chopped 175g/6 oz mushrooms, chopped 175g/6 oz liver pâté Freshly squeezed lemon juice A few drops of Worcestershire sauce 400g/14 oz puff pastry dough, thawed if frozen Beaten egg to glaze Salt and freshly ground black pepper Fresh flat leaf parsley, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 220’C/200’C Fan/425’F/Gas 7.
- Season the beef with pepper then tie it at intervals with string.
- Heat the butter and oil in a roasting pan over a high heat. Add the beef and cook, turning frequently for 8 – 10 minutes, until evenly browned all over. Transfer the roasting pan to the oven and cook for 20 minutes. Remove the beef from the oven, transfer to a plate and leave to cool. Remove and discard the string.
- Meanwhile scrape the cooking juices into a pan, add the onion and mushrooms and cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, until the onion is softened but not coloured. Leave to cool, then mix with the pâté. Add the lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce. Preheat the oven again to 220’C/200’C Fan/425’F/Gas 7.
- Roll out the pastry dough to form a rectangle 5mm/ ¼ in thick. Spread the pâté on the beef, then place it in the centre of the dough. Dampen the edges of the dough, then fold it over the beef to make a neat parcel, tucking in the ends tidily. Press firmly to seal.
- sheet with the join underneath and brush with the beaten egg. Bake in the oven for 25 – 45 minutes depending how well done you like the beef.
- Serve in generous slices, garnished with the parsley.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).