every one a winner
every one a dinner
To serve – 4
Preparation time – 3 minutes
Cooking time – 6 minutes
An all-day salad with a kick. Serve with good crusty bread.
Nutritional value per serving:
Energy 226 kcal/930kj; Sugars 2g; Fat 19.1g of which saturates 5.1g; Sodium 178mg.
250g smoked bacon cut into lardons 3 tbsp white wine vinegar 1 tsp Dijon mustard 3 tbsp Light olive oil 4 medium size eggs 50g baby leaf spinach 50g baby leaf watercress 50g rocket 2 tsp fresh chives finely chopped Salt
- In a dry frying pan, cook the bacon on a medium heat for about 5-6 minutes until crispy.
- Drain on kitchen paper and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tbsp of the vinegar and the mustard. Slowly add the olive oil, continuing to whisk until the mixture thickens.
- Set aside
- Fill a large saucepan with boiling water, put on a medium heat and add the remaining vinegar and a pinch of salt. Bring water to a simmer.
- Break each of the eggs into a cup keeping the yolks intact.
- Whisk the water into a whirlpool effect and drop the eggs into the centre one by one. Cook until whites are just firm, about 3-4 minutes for a runny yolk or longer if you prefer them harder.
- Remove from the water using a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Toss the salad leaves in a bowl with the vinaigrette and bacon.
- Divide between 4 plates, then top each with a poached egg and sprinkle with the chopped chives to serve.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).