every one a winner
every one a dinner
Blood Orange Jelly
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 10 minutes + 2 hours refrigeration time
Serves 2 -4
Find an elaborate jelly mould for a truly wonderful show-stopper.
700 ml blood orange juice or about 9 juiced blood oranges 4 tbsps caster sugar, or more or less to taste 10-15 g bronze leaf gelatine (about 4 sheets)
- Pass the juice through a sieve into a small saucepan set on some digital scales. Add the caster sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until it is the right sweetness for you. Write down the total weight of this mixture.
- Place the saucepan over a low heat and gently warm to dissolve the sugar. Do not boil.
- For the perfect jelly wobble, you need to work with a ratio of 565 ml of liquid to 10 g of gelatine. Place the gelatine in a bowl of cold water and when soft, squeeze out any excess water. Whisk the gelatine into the warm orange juice until completely dissolved and pass through a jelly bag into a jug.
- Put the mixture into a jelly mould and leave to set in the fridge for several hours.
- To serve, submerge the mould in a bowl of warm water until the jelly begins to come away from the sides. Remove from the water and invert the jelly onto a plate. Holding onto both the mould and the plate give them a shake and carefully lift away from the mould.
- Serve with cream and shortbread.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).