every one a winner
every one a dinner
Blueberry Meringue Crumble
To serve – 3 to 4
Preparation time – 6 minutes
Best served in a tall glass for easy eating.
150 g/ 5 oz fresh blueberries plus extra to decorate 15 ml/ 1 tbsp icing sugar 250 ml/ 8 fl oz vanilla iced yoghurt (can use vanilla ice cream if preferred) 200 ml/ 7 fl oz full cream milk 30 ml/ 2 tbsp lime juice 75 g/ 3 oz good-quality meringues, lightly crushed (best from a bakers if you can)
- Put the blueberries and sugar in a blender or food processor with 60 ml/ 4 tbsp water and blend until smooth, scraping down from the sides once or twice if necessary.
- Transfer the purée to a small bowl and rinse out the blender or food processor bowl to get rid of any remaining blueberry juice.
- Put the iced yoghurt, milk and lime juice in the blender and process until thoroughly combined. Add half of the crushed meringues and process again until smooth.
- Carefully pour alternate layers of the milkshake, blueberry syrup and the remaining crushed meringues into tall glasses, finishing with a few chunky pieces of meringue.
- Drizzle any remaining blueberry syrup over the top of the meringues and decorate with a few extra blueberries.
- Serve immediately.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).