every one a winner
every one a dinner
Bulgur Pilaf with Mixed Mushrooms
Cooking time – 30 minutes
Healthy grains mixed with nuts and juicy mushrooms make for a filling supper dish, or can be served as an accompaniment.
Nutritional Value per serving:
Energy 732 kcal; Carbohydrate 73 g of which sugars 3 g; Protein 15 g; Fat 44 g of which saturates 17 g.
1 onion, finely chopped 115 g/4 oz butter 360 g/ 12 oz bulgur wheat 850 ml/1 ½ pints vegetable stock 225 g/ 8 oz mixed mushrooms, such as brown, oyster, button or wild, sliced Small bunch of parsley, chopped finely T tbsp olive oil Salt and freshly ground black pepper 50 g/ 1 ¾ oz flaked almonds 50 g/ 1 ¾ oz chopped hazelnuts
- Heat half of the butter in a flameproof casserole, add the onion and fry gently until it is translucent.
- Add the bulgur wheat and cook, stirring frequently for 3 minutes.
- Add the stock, bring it to the boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer gently for about 10 – 15 minutes, until all the stock has been absorbed.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a frying pan, add the sliced mushrooms and fry until they have softened and are lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the mushrooms and any juice on top of the partially cooked bulgur wheat, recover the casserole and leave it to continue cooking.
- Add the flaked almonds to the frying pan and shake them over a moderate heat for a minute or two, then add the chopped hazelnuts and cook both until lightly browned.
- When the stock is absorbed and the wheat is cooked, stir in the remaining butter, toasted nuts and parsley. Taste for seasoning and serve straight from the casserole.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).