every one a winner
every one a dinner
Butternut Squash and Ricotta Frittata
Cooking time – 30 minutes
A healthy, low-fat lunchtime treat.
1 tbs extra virgin rapeseed oil 1 red onion, thinly sliced 450 g/ 14 ½ oz peeled butternut squash, diced 8 eggs 1 tbsp chopped thyme 2 tbsps chopped sage 125 g/ 4 oz ricotta Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large deep frying pan with an ovenproof handle over a medium-low heat, then add the onion and butternut squash. Cover loosely and cook gently, stirring frequently, for 18 – 20 minutes or until softened and golden.
- Beat the eggs lightly with the thyme, sage and ricotta, then season generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper and pour onto the butternut squash.
- Cook for a further 2 – 3 minutes until the egg is almost set, stirring occasionally with a heat-resistant rubber spatula to prevent the base from burning.
- Slide the pan under a preheated grill, keeping the handle away from the heat, and grill for 3 – 4 minutes, or until the egg is set and the frittata is golden.
- Slice into wedges and serve with a baby leaf salad.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).