every one a winner
every one a dinner
Cheese and Herb-topped Trout
To serve – 4
Preparation time – 12 minutes
Cooking time – 12 minutes
A very simple but delicious supper dish served best with steamed asparagus and carrots.
Nutritional count per serving
Energy 524kcal/2185K; Protein 51.3g: Carbohydrate 10.3g of which sugars 0.9g; Fat31.1g of which saturates 8.9g; Cholesterol 34mg; Calcium 214mg; Sodium 422 mg.
50g/2oz fresh white breadcrumbs 50g/2oz Parmesan cheese finely grated 25g/1 oz pine nuts chopped ( or can use almonds or hazlenuts) 15ml/1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley 15ml/1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander 30ml/ 2 tbsp olive oil 4 thick trout fillets, each about 225g/8 oz 40g/1 ½ oz butter Juice of 1 lemon Salt and freshly ground black pepper Lemon wedges to garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, pine nuts, parsley and coriander. Add the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut each trout fillet into two strips. Firmly press the breadcrumb mixture on to the skin side of each strip of trout.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Grease the grill pan with 15g/ ½ oz of the butter. Melt the remaining butter in a separate pan and add the lemon juice.
- Place the bread crumbed-topped fillets in the greased grill pan and pour the lemon butter over.
- Grill the trout for 10 minutes or until the trout fillets are just cooked, making sure that the breadcrumbs do not burn.
- Place two trout strips on each plate, garnish with lemon wedges and serve with steamed asparagus and carrots.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).