every one a winner
every one a dinner
Chicken and Bacon Gratin
Cooking time – 30 minutes
A comforting, tasty dish, just right for a chilly day.
500 g/ 1 lb potatoes, scrubbed, but not peeled and thinly sliced 2 tbsps olive oil 1 onion, thinly sliced 2 chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced 6 back bacon rashes, thinly sliced 3 tbsps thyme leaves – plus extra sprigs to garnish 300 ml/ ½ pt double cream 5 tbsps grated Parmesan cheese Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the potatoes in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 10 minutes until just tender, then strain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan and cook the onion, chicken and bacon over a high heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Preheat the grill to hot.
- When cool, slice the potatoes and layer in a large, shallow gratin dish with the chicken, bacon, onion and a scattering of thyme leaves, ending with a layer of potatoes. Season the cream with a little salt and pepper and pour over the potatoes. Scatter over the Parmesan and cook under the preheated grill for 4 -5 minutes until the topping is golden and the cream bubbling.
- Garnish with thyme sprigs if liked.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).