every one a winner
every one a dinner
Chicken and Red Onion Hot Pot
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 40 minutes
Ideal for a Saturday brunch or an everyday supper. Just serve with a green vegetable.
400 g/ 14 oz Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and sliced 4 tbsp olive oil 1 red onion, sliced 200 g/ 7 oz chicken breast, sliced 2 tsp Dijon mustard 300 ml/ 10 ½ fl oz white wine 50 g/1 ¾ oz melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 220’C/200’C Fan/425’F/Gas 7 and put a baking dish in to heat
- Cook the potatoes in boiling lightly salted water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onion slices with a pinch of salt for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry for 3 minutes then stir in the mustard, pour in the wine and bring to a simmer.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into the preheated baking dish and arrange the potatoes on top.
- Brush the potatoes with the melted butter and sprinkle with salt and fresh ground black pepper, then bake for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are golden.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).