every one a winner
every one a dinner
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time 15-17 minutes
An old Polish recipe bought up to date by adding mushrooms to make delicious meatballs. Just serve with green salad and pickled beetroot.
Nutritional count per serving
Energy 118 kcal/493kj; Protein 10.6g; Carbohydrate 5.2g of which sugars 0.2g; Fat 6.2g of which saturates1.3g; Cholesterol 60mg; Calcium 16mg; Fibre0.3g; Sodium 69mg
15g/ ½ oz butter 115g/ 4 oz flat mushrooms, finely chopped 50g/ 2 oz fresh white breadcrumbs 350g/ 12 oz skinless chicken, minced or finely chopped 2 eggs, separated 1.5ml/ ¼ tsp grated nutmeg 30ml/2 tbsp plain flour 45ml/ 3 tbsp oil Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a pan and fry the mushrooms for approximately 5 minutes until the juices have evaporated. Set aside to cool.
- Mix breadcrumbs, chicken, egg yolks, nutmeg, salt and pepper and cooked mushrooms well in a large bowl.
- In a clean large bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff. Stir half into the chicken mixture, then fold in the rest.
- Scrape the mixture out onto a work surface and shape into 12 even meatballs about 7.5 cm/ 3 in long and 2.5 cm/1 in wide.
- Roll in the flour to coat.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the bitki on a medium heat for 10 minutes turning until evenly golden brown and cooked through.
- Best served hot but can be is still as great cold next day for lunch.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).