every one a winner
every one a dinner
Chicken Caesar Salad
To serve – 4
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 2 minutes
World famous salad dish invented by chef Caesar Cardini with added chicken for a main course meal.
175 ml/6 fl oz olive oil 115g/4 oz French or Italian bread cut into 2.5cm/1 in cubes 1 large garlic clove, crushed 1 cos or romaine lettuce 2 eggs, boiled for 1 minute (whites should be milky, while the yolks remain raw.) Can substitute quartered hard-boiled eggs if preferred 120 ml/4 fl oz lemon juice 50g/2 oz freshly grated Parmesan cheese 6 tinned anchovy fillets, drained and finely chopped Salt and freshly ground black pepper 2 large cooked chicken breasts, pulled into bite-size pieces
- Heat 50ml/2 fl oz of the oil in a large frying pan. Add the bread cubes and garlic. Cook over a medium heat, stirring constantly until bread cubes are golden brown, taking care not to burn the garlic which will turn bitter. Drain cubes on kitchen paper and discard the garlic.
- Tear large lettuce leaves into smaller pieces. Put all the lettuce in a bowl.
- Add the remaining oil to the lettuce and season with salt and pepper.
- Break the eggs on top. Sprinkle with the lemon juice. Toss thoroughly again to combine.
- Add the Parmesan cheese, chicken pieces and anchovies. Toss gently to mix.
- Sprinkle the fried bread cubes on top and serve immediately
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).