every one a winner
every one a dinner
Chicken Fried Rice
To serve – 4
Preparation time – 4-5 minutes
Cooking time – 10-12 minutes
A great way to use up left-over rice or just use a couple of pouches of instant rice, just as long as it is cold when added to the wok.
Nutritional value per serving:
Energy 356kcal/1500kj; Protein 21g; Carbohydrate 46.4g of which sugars 6.3g; Fat 10.9g of which saturates 2.5g; Cholesterol 135mg; Calcium 46mg; Fibre 1.4g; Sodium 150mg.
30 ml/2 tbsp groundnut oil 1 small onion, finely chopped 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2.5 cm/1 in piece fresh root ginger, peeled and grated 225 g/8 oz skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into 1 cm/ ½ in dice 450 g/ 1 lb cold cooked white long grain rice 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced 115 g/ 4 oz tinned sweetcorn, drained 5 ml/ 1 tsp chilli oil 5 ml/ 1 tsp hot curry powder 2 eggs, beaten Salt Spring onions shredded lengthways, to serve.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan. Add the onion and stir-fry over a medium heat for 1 minute, then add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 2 more minutes, taking care not to let the garlic burn.
- Push the onion mixture to the sides of the wok to keep warm but not cook, add the chicken to the centre and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the rice and toss well.
- Stir-fry over a high heat for about 3 minutes more, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in the sliced red pepper, sweetcorn, chilli oil and curry powder, with salt to taste.
- Toss over the heat for 1 minute.
- Stir in the beaten eggs and cook for 1 minute more, while the eggs lightly cook.
- Garnish with the spring onion shreds and serve on a heated serving dish.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).