every one a winner
every one a dinner
Chicken Liver and Brandy Pâté
So easy to prepare and tastes so much better than anything you can buy ready-made.
Preparation time – 3 minutes
Cooking 5-6 minutes
50 g/2 0z butter 350 g/12 oz chicken livers, trimmed and roughly chopped 30 ml/ 2 tbsp brandy 30 ml/ 2 tbsp double cream Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan. Add the chicken livers. Cook over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
- Add the brandy and allow to bubble for a few minutes to burn off excess alcohol. Let the mixture cool slightly, then place in a food processor with the cream and some salt and pepper.
- Process the mixture until smooth and spoon into ramekin dishes. Level the surface and chill overnight to set.
- If making more than 1 day ahead, seal the surface of each portion with a layer of melted butter.
- Serve garnished with sprigs of parsley to add a little colour.
- Ideal with Melba toast.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).