every one a winner
every one a dinner
Makes 15 – 20
Preparation time – 25 minutes if using vanilla pod
Cooking time 12-15 minutes
Best served warm, these delicate cakes are ideal for children to make (with a little supervision).
Nutritional count per serving
Energy 177kcal/740kj; Protein 1.4g; Carbohydrate 14.0g of which sugars 14.9g; Fat 13g of which saturates 9.9g; Cholesterol 23.6mg; Calcium 16mg; Fibre 1.8g; Sodium 10.9mg.
1 vanilla pod or a few drops of vanilla essence 120 ml/4 fl oz double cream 200 g/ 7 oz desiccated coconut 200 g/ 4 oz caster sugar 1 egg
- Put the vanilla pod (if using) in a pan with the cream. Bring to a simmer then turn off the heat and infuse for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200’C/180’C Fan/400’F/Gas 6.
- Line a baking sheet. Remove the pod from the cream and pour the cream into a large bowl. Mix in the coconut, sugar and egg.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon the mixture in piles on to the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Leave the cakes to cool slightly before transferring to a cooling rack.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).