every one a winner
every one a dinner
Corned Beef and Egg Hash
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
This classic American hash is traditionally served with chilli sauce.
Nutritional Value per serving-
Calories 403kcal/1683kj; Protein 30.4g; Carbohydrate 13g of which sugars 5.1g; Fat 26.1g of which saturates 10.5g; Salt 868mg
30ml/2 tbsp vegetable oil 25g/1 oz butter 1 onion, finely chopped 1 small green pepper, seeded and diced 2 large boiled potatoes, diced 350g/12 oz tin corned beef, diced. (Put tin in fridge for 30 minutes beforehand which makes for easier dicing.) 1.5ml/ ¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg 1.5ml/ ¼ tsp paprika 4 eggs Salt and freshly ground black pepper Chopped fresh parsley, to garnish Chilli sauce, to serve (optional)
- Heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 – 6 minutes until softened.
- Mix together the green pepper, potatoes, corned beef, nutmeg and paprika in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add to the pan and toss gently. Press down gently and cook over a medium heat for 3 - 4 minutes, until a golden brown crust has formed on the underside.
- Stir the mixture to distribute the crust, then repeat the process twice until the mixture is well browned.
- Make four wells in the hash and crack an egg into each one. Cover and cook gently for 4-5 minutes, until the egg whites are just set.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and cut the hash into quarters .
- Serve immediately with chilli sauce, if liked.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).