every one a winner
every one a dinner
Courgette Puffs with Mixed Salad
Serves 2 – 3
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 6 minutes
An unusual salad with the crispy courgette balls served warm on a bed of leaves with a balsamic dressing.
450 g/ 1 lb courgettes 75 g/ 3 oz fresh white breadcrumbs 1 egg Pinch of cayenne pepper 15 ml/ 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint Oil for deep frying 15 ml/ 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar 45 ml 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 200 g/ 7 oz mixed salad leaves Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Top and tail the courgettes, then coarsely grate and put into a colander. Squeeze out the excess water then put them into a bowl.
- Add the white breadcrumbs, egg, cayenne pepper and chopped fresh mint, with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well, with a spoon or clean hands.
- Shape the courgette and breadcrumb mixture into balls, about the size of walnuts.
- Heat the oil for deep-frying to 180’C 350’F or until a cube of bread, when added to the oil, browns in 30 – 40 seconds.
- Deep-fry the courgette balls in batches for 2 minutes. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Whisk the vinegar and oil together and season well.
- Put the salad leaves in a bowl and pour over the dressing. Toss lightly to coat the leaves evenly.
- Add the courgette puffs and toss together lightly.
- Serve at once while the courgette puffs are still crisp.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).