every one a winner
every one a dinner
Serves 4 – 6
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 30 – 40 minutes
A great dish to serve for a child’s main meal, that adult’s will enjoy too – if they are allowed to join the posse!
Nutritional Value per serving:
Energy 351 Kcal; Protein 12 g; Carbohydrate 40.1 g of which sugars 11.1 g; Fat 16.6 g of which saturates 7.3 g; Sodium 503 mg.
45 ml/ 3 tbsp sunflower oil 1 onion sliced 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced 1 sweet potato or 2 carrots, chopped 115 g/4 oz chopped green beans 400 g/ 14 oz tin baked beans 200 g/ 7 oz tin sweetcorn 15 ml/ 1 tsp tomato purée 5 ml/ 1 tsp barbecue spice seasoning 115 g/ 4 oz smoked cheese, diced 450 g/ 1 lb potatoes, thinly sliced 25 g/ 1 oz butter, melted Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190’C/170’C Fan/375’F/Gas 5.
- Heat the oil in frying pan over a low heat. Add the onion, red pepper and sweet potato or carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes until softened but not coloured.
- Increase the heat to medium and stir in the green beans, baked beans, sweetcorn (and liquid), tomato purée and barbecue spice seasoning. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the vegetable mixture to an ovenproof dish and stir in the diced cheese.
- Cover the vegetable and cheese mixture with the potato slices, brush generously with the melted butter and season with salt and pepper. Bake the hot-pot for 30 – 40 minutes, until golden brown on top and the potato is cooked through.
- Serve immediately straight from the dish.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).