every one a winner
every one a dinner
Creamy Salmon Pie
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 30 minutes
Just serve with a green vegetable for a delicious alternative to fish-pie.
1 leek, thinly sliced 1 tbsp oil 2 tbsp plain flour 375 ml milk 125 g Cheddar cheese, grated 415 g tin pink salmon, drained and bones removed 1 tbsp lemon juice 1 tsp lemon rind 2 tbsps chopped fresh dill 1 sheet thawed ready-rolled puff pastry
- Preheat the oven to 220’C/200’C Fan/425’F/Gas 7.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan and add the sliced leek and cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes until softened and golden.
- Add 2 tbsp flour and cook stirring for 1 minute. Gradually pour in the milk and bring to the boil, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens.
- Add the Cheddar cheese, salmon, lemon juice and rind, and dill.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into a 23 cm pie plate and allow to cool slightly before covering with the puff pastry. Brush lightly with milk and bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).