every one a winner
every one a dinner
Preparation time – 2 hours
Cooking time – 30 minutes
A true classic dessert.
450 ml/ 1 pint double cream 100 ml/ 3 ½ fl oz milk 1 vanilla pod, halved 5 egg yolks 2 tbsp caster sugar, plus enough for the topping
- Preheat the oven to 180’C/160’C Fan/350’F/Gas 5.
- Tip the cream into a pan with the milk. Add the seeds from the vanilla pod and the pod itself.
- Heat almost to boiling point.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl until pale inn colour. Pour the hot cream into the egg yolks, whisking constantly.
- Strain through a sieve and stir well.
- Sit 4 ramekins in a roasting tin and divide the mixture evenly between them. Pour in enough hot water to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, until set.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack, then refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle over a thick layer of sugar and either grill or blow-torch until deep golden and melted.
- Leave to cool and firm, then serve.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).