every one a winner
every one a dinner
Crepes with Chocolate Dipping Sauce
To serve – 4
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
Serve the crepes with vanilla ice cream for a great hot and cold combination.
150 g/5 ½ oz plain flour 1 large egg 325 ml/11 ½ fl oz whole milk 1 tbsp butter For the Sauce: 100 ml/3 ½ fl oz double cream 1 tbsp brandy 100 g/3 ½ oz dark chocolate (minimum 60% cocoa solids), chopped
- To make the sauce, heat the cream and brandy to simmering point then pour it over the chocolate and stir to emulsify. Spoon into 4 serving bowls.
- Sieve the flour into a bowl and make a well in the centre. Break in the eggs and pour in the milk then use a whisk to gradually incorporate all of the flour from round the outside.
- Melt the butter in a small frying pan then whisk it into the batter.
- Put the buttered frying pan back over a low heat. Add a small ladle of batter and swirl the pan to coat the bottom.
- When it starts to dry and curl up at the edges, turn the pancake over with a spatula and cook the other side until golden brown and cooked through. Remove to a warmed plate, cover and keep warm.
- Repeat with the rest of the mixture then serve the crepes with the dipping sauce.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).