every one a winner
every one a dinner
Crispy Chicken Salad
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 4 – 5 minutes
Crispy, crunchy and very tasty. Ideal for a quick lunch.
Sunflower oil for deep-frying 75 g/ 2 ½ oz dried breadcrumbs 2 tbsp basil leaves, finely chopped 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, finely grated 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces 2 tbsp plain flour 1 large egg, beaten 100 g/ 3 ½ oz baby lettuce leaves 3 hard-boiled eggs, quartered 1 red pepper, quartered and thinly sliced 2 tbsp olive oil 2 tbsp lemon juice 1 tsp runny honey Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the sunflower oil in a deep fat fryer or a deep saucepan to 180’C.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the basil and Parmesan and spread them out on a plate.
- Dust the chicken breast pieces with flour, then dip them in the beaten egg and roll in the breadcrumb mixture to coat.
- Fry the chicken pieces for 4 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Drain well on kitchen paper.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on 4 plates and top with the chicken, egg and sliced pepper. Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice and honey and season to taste with salt and pepper, then drizzle over the salad.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).