every one a winner
every one a dinner
Crispy Coconut Prawns
To serve – 4
Preparation time- 6 minutes
Cooking time – 3-4 minutes
Lovely juicy prawns in a wonderful nutty coating – just dip in and enjoy.
25 g/1 oz dried natural breadcrumbs 75 g/3 oz desiccated coconut 4 tbsps cornflour 1 large egg white 150 ml/¼ pint sunflower oil 250 g/8 oz peeled king prawns Salt and pepper
- Place the breadcrumbs and coconut in a food processor and pulse together briefly to break up the coconut a little. Tip into a shallow bowl.
- Season the cornflour with salt and freshly ground black pepper and place on a plate. Lightly beat the egg white in a shallow bowl.
- Heat the oil in a deep fat fryer or deep heavy-based saucepan to 180’C/350’F or until a cube of bread browns in 15 seconds.
- Meanwhile, toss the prawns, a few at a time, in the cornflour and shake off the excess. Dip them in the egg white to cover, then roll in the coconut mixture to make an even coating. Spread out on a large plate or baking sheet.
- Cook the prawns in the hot oil for 3-4 minutes, lightly shaking to separate them, until golden brown. Remove them with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve with lime wedges and sweet chilli dipping sauce.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).