every one a winner
every one a dinner
Crispy Duck Char Siu
To serve – 4
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 25 minutes
A much faster version of Chinese Crispy Duck, but just as tasty.
4 skin-on boneless duck breasts 3 garlic cloves 3 tbsp soy sauce 3 tbsp rice wine 1 tbsp hoisin sauce 2 tbsp clear honey 2 tsp five spice powder Salt and freshly ground black pepper Rice noodles or green salad to serve
- Score* the skin of the duck breasts with a knife in a criss-cross pattern, being careful not to cut down into the meat.
- Whisk all the remaining ingredients together in a wide shallow dish. Turn the duck breasts through the marinade* to coat them on all sides, cover with cling film and leave to marinate in the fridge for as long as possible.
- Preheat the oven to 200’C/180’C Fan/400’F/Gas 6.
- Line a baking tray with foil. Put the duck skin-side down in a frying pan and place over a medium heat. Fry for 8 minutes.
- Place the duck skin-side up on the baking tray and cook at the top of the oven for 10 minutes. Rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut the duck into slices on the diagonal and serve with stir-fried noodles or a green salad.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).