every one a winner
every one a dinner
Crispy Five-Spice Chicken
To serve – 4
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 10-12 minutes
Kids love these – much better than chicken nuggets. Great served on bed of vegetable noodles.
200g/70z thin egg noodles 30ml/2 tbsp sunflower oil 2 garlic cloves, very thinly sliced 1 fresh red chilli, seeded and sliced ½ red pepper, very thinly sliced 2 carrots, peeled and cut into thin strips 300g/11oz Chinese broccoli or pak choi roughly sliced 45ml/3 tbsp hoisin sauce 45ml/3 tbsp soy sauce 5ml/1 tsp caster sugar 4 skinless chicken breast fillets cut into strips 2 egg whites, lightly beaten 115g/4 oz rice flour 15ml/1 tsp five spice powder Salt and freshly ground black pepper Vegetable oil – for frying
- Cook noodles according to packet instructions, drain and set aside.
- Heat sunflower oil in wok or large frying pan, then add garlic, chilli, red pepper, carrots and broccoli or pak choi and stir-fry over high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the hoisin, soy sauces with the sugar to the pan and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the drained noodles, toss to combine, then remove from heat, cover and keep warm.
- Dip the chicken strips into the egg white. Combine the rice flour and five-spice powder in a shallow dish and season to taste.
- Add the chicken strips to flour mixture and thoroughly coat.
- Heat about 2.5cm/1 ½ in oil in a clean pan. When hot, shallow fry the chicken for 3-4 minutes turning regularly until crisp and golden and cooked through.
- To serve – divide noodle mixture between warmed bowls and top each with the crispy chicken.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).