every one a winner
every one a dinner
To serve- 4
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 35 minutes
A traditional Scottish fish soup using naturally smoked haddock (not the dyed yellow variety) creating a creamy broth that is truly delicious.
Nutritional count per serving
Energy 295kcal/864kj; Protein 16.1g; Carbohydrate 19g of which sugars 6.4g; Fat 7.8g fo which saturates 4.7g; Cholesterol 41mg; Calcium 137mg; Fibre 1g; Sodium 132mg.
1 smoked haddock, about 350 g/12 oz in weight 1 onion, chopped 1 bouquet garni* 900 ml/1 ½ pints water 500 g/ 1 ¼ lb potatoes, peeled and quartered 600 ml/ 1 pint milk 40 g/ 1 ½ oz butter Salt and pepper Chopped chives to garnish
- Put the haddock, onion, bouquet garni and water into a large pan and bring to the boil.
- Skim the surface with a slotted spoon, discarding any fish skin, then cover the pan.
- Reduce the heat and gently poach for 10-15 minutes, until the fish flakes easily.
- Lift the fish from the pan and remove the skin and any bones, and leave to cool.
- Strain the stock and return to the pan, add the potatoes and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the pan, add the milk and heat.
- Mash the potatoes with the butter, then whisk them into the soup a little at a time.
- Add the fish, season to taste, sprinkle with chives and serve.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).