every one a winner
every one a dinner
Cooking time – 30 minutes
A super-fresh flavour, and packed with goodness. Try serving with a leafy salad and walnut or olive bread.
Nutritional Value per serving:
Energy 448 kcal; Carbohydrate 73 g of which sugars 2 g; Protein 8 g; Fat 14 g of which saturates 2 g.
1.2 litres/ 2 pints hot vegetable stock 5 tbsps white wine 250 g/ 9 oz baby spinach, leaves roughly chopped 4 tbsps virgin olive oil 1 small onion, finely chopped 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped 350 g/ 12 oz risotto rice (arborio, carnaroli or vialone) Salt and freshly ground black pepper Whole nutmeg for grating
- Add the wine to the hot vegetable stock in a saucepan and leave to simmer.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or wok, add the garlic and onion and fry gently for 2 – 3 minutes until soft but not coloured.
- Add the rice and stir until the grains are fully coated and translucent.
- Add a ladle of stock, adjust the heat to maintain a gentle boil and stir until most of the liquid has been absorbed. Keep adding stock, a ladleful at a time and stir constantly for about 15 minutes until the rice is almost cooked.
- Add the spinach and more stock and boil and stir until the rice is cooked. It should have a bite to the grain but the mixture should be soft and creamy.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and freshly grated nutmeg. For non-vegans, you can add 2 -3 tbsps of grated Parmesan just before serving.
- Serve straight from the pan.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).