every one a winner
every one a dinner
To serve – 4
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 0 minutes
Everyone loves this timeless classic – great served with homemade shortbread.
450 g/1 lb strawberries, hulled and halved 65 g/ 2 ½ oz icing sugar, sifted ½ lemon, juiced 250 ml/9 fl oz whipping cream ½ tsp vanilla essence 4 large meringue nests, crumbled
- Purée half the strawberries with 2 tbsp of icing sugar and the lemon juice in a food processor or blender.
- Pass the purée through a fine sieve and set to one side.
- Whip the cream in a mixing bowl with the remaining sugar and vanilla extract until softly peaked
- Fill four serving glasses with the crumbled meringue, whipped cream and remaining strawberries.
- Drizzle over the strawberry sauce before serving.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).