every one a winner
every one a dinner
Fettuccine with Ham and Peas
To serve – 4
Preparation time – 4 minutes
Cooking time – 8- 10 minutes
An ideal way to conjure up a simple but tasty impromptu supper.
Nutritional value per serving:
Energy 414kcal/1738kj; Protein 19.4g; Carbohydrate 48.6g of which sugars 4g; Fat 15.1g of which saturates 8.6g; Cholesterol 44mg; Calcium 259mg; Fibre 3.4g; Sodium 413mg.
50 g/ 2 oz butter 1 small onion, finely chopped 200 g/7 oz fresh or frozen peas 100 ml/3 ½ fl oz chicken stock 2.5 ml/ ½ tsp caster sugar 175 ml/ 6 fl oz dry white wine 350 g/12 oz fresh fettuccine or dried (this will take slightly longer to cook) 75 g/ 3 oz piece cooked ham, cut into bitesize pieces 115 g/ 4 oz freshly grated Parmesan cheese Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a medium frying pan, add the onion and cook over a low heat for about 5 minutes until softened but not coloured.
- Add the peas, stock and sugar, with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring the mixture to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until the peas are tender.
- Add the wine, increase the heat and boil until the wine has reduced.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pan of lightly salted boiling water for about 3 minutes, or according to packet instructions. When it is almost ready, add the ham to the sauce, with about a third of the Parmesan. Heat through, stirring, then taste for seasoning.
- Drain the pasta and tip it into a large warmed bowl. Pour the sauce over the pasta and toss well.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with the remaining Parmesan.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).