every one a winner
every one a dinner
To serve – 4
Cooking time – 6-8 minutes
A great way to use up any left-over mashed potatoes.
450 g/ 1 lb potatoes, boiled 450 g/ 1 lb cooked mixed white and smoked fish, such as haddock or cod, flaked 25 g/ 1 oz butter, diced 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley 1 egg, separated Salt and pepper 1 egg beaten About 55 g/ 2 oz breadcrumbs made with stale bread Olive oil for frying Lemon wedges and onion and avocado salad to serve Parsley sprigs to garnish
- In a saucepan gently heat potatoes for a few minutes, shaking the pan occasionally.
- Remove pan from heat, mash potatoes. Stir in the butter, chopped parsley, egg yolk and add the fish.
- Season with pepper.
- Transfer to a large bowl and mix well together. Chill if the mixture is too soft to handle.
- Divide fish mixture into 8 equal portions, then, with floured hands, form each portion into a flat cake.
- Spread out breadcrumbs on a plate. In a bowl, beat egg white with the whole egg. Dip each fish cake in egg, then in the breadcrumbs. Heat a thin layer of oil in a frying pan and fry fish cakes for about 3 minutes on each side until crisp and golden.
- Drain on absorbent kitchen paper and serve hot with lemon wedges and salad, garnished with sprigs of parsley.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).