every one a winner
every one a dinner
Fragrant Soba Noodle Soup
Cooking time – 20 minutes
A fragrant warming broth with the taste of the Orient.
1 lemon grass stalk, leaves stripped 1.2 litres/ 2 pints clear chicken or vegetable stock 2.5 cm/ 1 in piece of fresh root ginger, finely chopped 3 lime leaves, thinly sliced 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced 1 tbsp fish sauce (Nam Pla) 100 g/ 3 ½ oz white button mushrooms, sliced 250 g/ 8 oz buckwheat soba noodles 200 g/ 7 oz firm tofu, diced 1 spring onion, thinly sliced 2 tbsps coriander leaves, chopped
- Finely slice the tender hearts of the lemon grass stalks and place in a saucepan with the chicken stock, mushroom slices, ginger, lime leaves, chilli and fish sauce. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer gently for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and cook the noodles for 6 – 7 minutes until tender, or according to the packet instructions.
- Drain the noodles and divide among 4 warmed bowls.
- Scatter the tofu over the noodles and then carefully ladle over the hot, fragrant soup.
- Scatter over the spring onions and coriander and serve immediately.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).