every one a winner
every one a dinner
Fried Mozzarella Sandwich
To serve – 2
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 10 minutes
A reassuring Italian snack, with glorious melting mozzarella in crisp fried egg-soaked bread.
Nutritional Value per serving:
429kcal/1789kj; Fat 26.6g of which saturated fat 10.4g; Cholesterol 129mg; Carbohydrates 30.5g of which sugars 2.7g; Protein 18.9g; Fibre 1.9g; Sodium 539mg
115 g/4 oz Mozzarella cheese, thickly sliced 4 thick slices white bread 1 large egg 30 ml/2 tbsp full cream milk Vegetable oil – for frying Salt and freshly ground black pepper Tomato wedges and fresh basil sprigs to garnish
- Place the cheese on two slices of bread and season to taste. Top with the bread to make two sandwiches.
- Beat the egg with the milk. Season to taste and pour into a shallow dish.
- Dip the sandwiches into the egg and milk mixture until coated. Leave to soak while heating the oil in a large, heavy frying pan.
- Fry the sandwiches, in batches if necessary, until golden brown and crisp on both sides.
- Remove from the frying pan and drain well on kitchen paper. Garnish with tomato and basil.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).