every one a winner
every one a dinner
Fruity Caramel Waffles
Cooking time – 20 minutes
Try adding an orange liqueur to the fruit for a special treat.
Nutritional Value per serving:
Energy 534 Kcal; Carbohydrate 50 g of which sugars 26 g Fat 36 g of which saturated 16 g; Protein 7 g
2 large oranges, peel and white pith removed 1 large banana 30 g/1 ¾ oz unsalted butter 50 g/ 1 ¾ oz dark brown soft sugar 60 g/ 2 oz pecan nuts, chopped 4 tbsps double cream 4 bought waffles To serve: 4 tbsps natural Greek yoghurt
- Hold each orange over a bowl to catch the juice and remove the segments by cutting between the connecting white tissues. Let each segment fall into the bowl and squeeze the remaining tissue to extract the rest of the juice.
- Peel the banana, slice and add to the oranges in the bowl and gently mix together.
- Preheat the grill.
- Melt the butter slowly in a small saucepan over a moderate heat. Add the sugar and stir for about 2 minutes until it has dissolved. Add the double cream and simmer the mixture gently for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until it turns a caramel colour. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Toast the waffles according to packet instructions and place on four plates. Spoon a quarter of the orange and banana mixture onto each, sprinkle over the pecan nuts and pour over the caramel sauce.
- Serve with Greek yoghurt, or cream if preferred.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).