every one a winner
every one a dinner
Fusilli with Sausage
To serve – 4
Preparation time – 4-5 minutes
Cooking time – 12-15 minutes
Every member of the family will adore this simple but tasty supper dish.
Nutritional count per serving
Energy 709kcal/2970kj; Protein 20.9g; Carbohydrate72.2g of which sugars10.5g: Fat 39.5g of which sugars 13.3g; Cholesterol 47mg; Calcium 74mg; Fibre 4.6g; Sodium 774mg
400g/14 oz spicy pork sausages 30ml/2 tbsp olive oil 1 small onion, finely chopped 2 garlic cloves, crushed 5 ml/1 tsp paprika 5 ml/1 tsp dried mixed herbs 5-10 ml/1-2 tsp chilli sauce 1 large yellow pepper seeded and cut into strips 400 g/14 oz tin Italian plum tomatoes 250 ml/8 fl oz vegetable stock 300 g/11 oz dried fusilli Salt and freshly ground black pepper Freshly grated Pecorino cheese to serve.
- Grill the sausages for 10-12 minutes until they are browned on all sides.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and garlic and cook for about 3 minutes. Add the paprika, herbs and chilli sauce to taste, then the yellow pepper. Cook for 3 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the tinned tomatoes, breaking them up with a wooden spoon, then add the salt and pepper to taste and stir well. Cook over a medium heat for 10-12 minutes, adding the vegetable stock gradually. At the same time cook the pasta in a large pan of lightly salted boiling water for 10-12 minutes.
- While the tomato sauce and pasta are cooking, drain the cooked sausages on kitchen paper, and, when cool enough to touch, cut each one diagonally into ½ in pieces.
- Add the sausage pieces to the sauce and mix well. Drain the pasta and add it to the pan of sauce. Toss well, then divide among four warmed bowls and sprinkle with grated Pecorino cheese.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).