every one a winner
every one a dinner
Garlic and Herb Bread
Serves 3- 4
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 20-25 minutes
This irresistible garlic bread includes plenty of fresh mixed herbs. Try varying the overall flavour according to the combination of herbs you choose.
Nutritional Value per serving:
920kcal/3877kj; Fat 17g of which saturated fat 2.2g; Cholesterol 82mg; Carbohydrates 135.1g of which sugars 7.2g; Protein 22.1g; Fibre 6.3g; Sodium 1714mg
1 baguette or bloomer loaf For the garlic and herb butter: 115 g/4 oz unsalted butter, softened 5-6 large garlic cloves, finely chopped or crushed 30-45 ml/2-3 chopped mixed fresh herbs (such as parsley, chervil and a little tarragon) 15 ml/1 tbsp chopped fresh chiv es Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200’C/180’C Fan/400’F/Gas 6.
- Make the garlic and herb butter by beating the butter with the garlic, mixed herbs, chives and seasoning.
- Cut the bread into 1 cm/ ½ in thick diagonal slices, but be sure to leave them attached at the base so that the loaf stays intact.
- Spread the garlic and herb butter between the slices evenly, being careful not to detach them, and then spread the remaining butter over the top of the loaf.
- Wrap the loaf in tin foil and bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until the butter is melted and the crust is golden and crisp.
- Cut the loaf in slices to serve.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).