every one a winner
every one a dinner
Makes 30 squares
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 45 minutes
Wonderful smells to remind you of your childhood. Very easy to make, a real winner.
Nutritional count per serving
Energy 741kcal/3106kj; Protein 14.1g; Carbohydrate 89.1 g of which sugars 45.4g; Fat 38.9g of which saturates 11.5g; Cholesterol 144mg; Calcium 166mg; Fibre 3.8g; Sodium 171mg
300 g/11 oz hazelnuts 300 g/ 11 oz soft dark brown sugar 5 eggs 150 g/ 5 oz butter 100 g/ 3½ oz runny honey 500 g/ 1 ½ lb plain flour 25 ml/5 tsp baking powder 7.5 ml/1 ½ tsp ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 160’C/140’C Fan/325’F/Gas 3
- Line a 40 x 30 cm/16 x 12 in baking tray with baking parchment Toast* the hazelnuts in a frying pan over medium heat, moving them around so that they brown evenly. Cool, then chop, roughly.
- Melt the butter in a small pan. Beat the sugar with the eggs until the mixture is light and thick.
- Stir the melted butter, honey and hazelnuts into the egg mixture. Sift the flour with the baking powder and ginger and fold into the mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tray.
- Bake for about 45 minutes.
- Cool in the tin before cutting into squares.
- Serve warm or cold, great with ice-cream.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).