every one a winner
every one a dinner
Grilled Halloumi Salad
To serve – 4
Preparation time- 5 minutes
Cooking time – 15 minutes
A wonderful combination of rich and fresh flavours.
200 g/7 oz cherry tomatoes, halved 3 tbsp olive oil Salt and freshly ground black pepper 250 g/9 oz halloumi, cut into 5 mm/ ¼ in thick slices 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped Small handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped ½ tsp sweet paprika Small handful fresh basil, roughly chopped 250 g/9 oz fresh baby spinach leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180’C/160’C Fan/350’F/Gas 4.
- Place the tomatoes in a small roasting tin, drizzle with 1 tbsp of the oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss together using your hands until evenly coated, then roast in the oven for 15 minutes with the tomatoes sitting skin side down.
- While they are cooking, put the halloumi, garlic, parsley, paprika and the remaining oil into a bowl and combine well. Heat a griddle pan until hot then carefully add a slice of halloumi, letting it drain before adding it to the pan. Repeat, adding the halloumi slices one by one until they are all in the griddle pan. When you have added the last one, go back to the first one and begin turning them over to cook on the other side. They should be golden brown. When you have turned them all, go back to the first one and begin removing them from the griddle pan.
- Put the halloumi slices back into the bowl with the garlic, herb and spice mix and stir gently. Add the cooked tomatoes to the mix along with the basil and stir to combine so everything is well coated. Add the spinach leaves, toss together, and serve straight away on a shallow serving dish.
- It is important to serve this straight away, as the hot mixture will begin to wilt the spinach. Alternatively, you could allow the mixture to cool completely before adding the spinach.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).