every one a winner
every one a dinner
Grilled Tandoori Chicken Skewers
A wonderful starter or a great snack for lunch.
Cooking time – 15 minutes + marinating time for the chicken
175 g/ 6 oz fat-free Greek yoghurt, plus extra to serve 2 tbsps tandoori paste 500 g/1 lb skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into strips 2 tsps cumin seeds 1 small cucumber ½ red onion, cut in half and finely sliced 3 tbsps fresh coriander leaves 2 lemons, cut into wedges Salt and pepper Reduced fat mini naan breads, to serve
- Mix together the yoghurt and tandoori paste in a large bowl, add the chicken and toss until the chicken is well coated. Set aside to marinate for as long as possible.
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- Heat a small frying pan over a medium heat, add the cumin seeds and dry-roast for 1 – 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat when seeds become fragrant and start to smoke.
- Thread the chicken strips on to 8 small metal skewers and lay on a foil-lined baking tray. Cook under the preheated grill for 8 – 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through, turning once.
- Meanwhile, slice the cucumber into ribbons using a sharp vegetable peeler and arrange on 4 serving plates.
- Scatter the onion and coriander over the cucumber, sprinkle over the toasted cumin seeds and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken and lemon wedges on top and serve immediately with warm naan breads and extra yoghurt.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).