every one a winner
every one a dinner
Grilled Vanilla Peaches – with Butterscotch Sauce
To serve – 4
Preparation time – 3-4 minutes
Cooking time – 15 minutes
Wonderfully sweet peaches – complimented by a really decadent butterscotch sauce.
Nutritional count per batch
Energy 220kcal; Fat 8.6g; Saturates 5.4g; Sugars 34.1g; Sodium 0.8g
½ Vanilla Pod 2 tbsp soft brown sugar 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice 4 ripe peaches, quartered and stoned For the Butterscotch sauce: ½ tbsp. cocoa powder ½ tbsp. cornflour 150 ml skimmed milk 40 g butter 2 tbsp soft brown sugar ½ tsp sea salt 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the grill to medium hot.
- Slit the vanilla pod and scrape the seeds into a small bowl by running the back of a pointed knife down the pod. Add the brown sugar and lemon juice and mix together.
- Arrange peaches, cut side up, on a baking dish and cover with sugar syrup. Place under the grill for about 5 minutes until caramelized* and the edges are starting to brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by sifting the cocoa powder and cornflour into a little bowl and blending to a paste with a few teaspoons of milk.
- Heat the rest of the milk in a small non-stick pan together with the butter, sugar, salt and maple syrup. Stir continuously over a gentle heat until the butter has melted and the sugar dissolved.
- Add the cocoa paste, stirring continuously, until it starts to bubble.
- Let it bubble for about 30 seconds to allow the sauce to thicken.
- Place the peaches on a serving dish and drizzle over any syrup that collected in the baking dish.
- Pour the butterscotch sauce into a serving jug and serve with the peaches.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).