every one a winner
every one a dinner
To serve – 4
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 15 minutes
Gruyére has a strong distinctive flavour, so if you prefer something a little milder, try Cheddar.
Nutritional content per serving:
2370kj/569kcal, Protein 60g, Fat 35g, Carbohydrate 6g, Fibre 1.5g, Cholesterol 166mg
4 chicken breast fillets Plain flour, for dusting 2 tbsps olive oil 125 g button mushrooms, sliced 3 spring onions, sliced 125 ml double cream 1tbsp brandy 100 g grated Gruyére or Swiss cheese
- Flatten the chicken fillets with the palm of your hand until they are 1cm thick. Dust the fillets with the flour, shaking off any excess.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a lined baking tray and cover with foil.
- Add the mushrooms and spring onion to the frying pan and cook for 2 minutes, or until the spring onion is soft. Add the cream and brandy and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 1 minute, or until the sauce reduces slightly. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken and top with the cheese.
- Place under a hot grill until the cheese melts and begins to brown.
- Serve with roasted vegetables.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).