every one a winner
every one a dinner
Hot Potato Salad with Veggie Sausages
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 25 minutes
A warming dish with a great piquant dressing.
Nutritional value per serving:
Protein 25 g; Fat 46 g of which saturates 17 g; Carbohydrate 43 g of which sugars 10 g; Energy 677 kcal.
650 g/ 1 lb 7 oz baby new potatoes Salt and freshly ground black pepper 500 g/ 1 lb 2 oz spicy vegetarian sausages 250 g small firm courgettes, sliced 2 tbsps vegetable oil 1 shallot, chopped 1 large clove garlic, chopped Small bunch of fresh parsley, chopped Small bunch of fresh chives, chopped 1 tsp Dijon mustard 1 tbsp plain flour ½ lemon 3 tbsps white wine vinegar 6 tbsp olive oil 1 tbsp caster sugar 85 g/ 3 oz Lancashire cheese
- Preheat grill to high.
- Scrub new potatoes and boil in salted water for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Grill sausages for about 10 minutes, or according to packet instructions, turning them often until they are cooked through and browned.
- Heat the vegetable oil and fry the courgette slices for about 5 minutes, add shallot and garlic, and stir fry for 3 minutes until soft and just turning brown.
- Add the parsley, chives, mustard and flour to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; add 1 tbsp of juice from the half lemon, along with the white wine vinegar, olive oil and caster sugar.
- Return to the heat and bring the mixture slowly to the boil, stirring, until it becomes smooth and thick. Add salt and pepper to taste, then take pan off the heat.
- Drain the potatoes, put into a serving dish; thickly slice the sausages and mix into the potatoes; pour over the garlic and mustard dressing and gently mix in. Crumble the cheese over the top and serve.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).